So, I like to try to post once a week to give you all an update on us. We'll see if I can keep it up! Travis got a new truck this week...It's very shiny!

I have been homeschooling the kids for almost 2 full weeks now. While it is getting better, I cry almost everyday. It is SO HARD!!!! Travis keeps reminding me of the reasons we started this adventure. And, they so outweigh why I want to quit...but, let me tell you, it'd be easy to drive to the school about 1/2 a mile from here and just enroll them! I am giving it my all for a full month and we'll see how we're doing. I'm trying to look at it as weight loss..small goals! First a week, then a month, then a quarter, semester, and then a full year. We'll see if that works out. I have hope. Yesterday was one of the first days I managed pretty well on my own, without crying. I guess I can't say alone. God was with me every step of the way and without him I COULD NOT do this!!! Oh, and how could I forget, I did have an amazing friend call and encourage me, and I took an afternoon break to make some cards...I think that helped! Continued prayers for this life transition are always appreciated!
3 comments:
I am glad that you are feeling better about the homeschool. I have such admiration for those who have been doing it long term. Seeing their amazing kids is what helps me plug through sometimes. Plus I know spiritually it is what is best for the kids. I honestly think some it just comes natural to and some have to work incredibly hard to make it work. It doesn't come natural to me whatsoever. Just keep plugging away though. I'll be thinking of you.
Girl, it gets easier. What curriculum are you using. Have you found a homeschool support group? You seriously need those!!!! I don't know what I would do without my other homeschool moms. When do you do school, and for how long. Just interested.
It was nice meeting you the other day...I hope it gets easier for you! The group is a great resource...I look forward to seeing you at park day!
Post a Comment