I was sitting and reading my Bible this morning after I had decided I was going to go get enrollment paperwork from the school our kids would go to. If you can imagine that God had a message for me this morning. He directed my path to a devotional in my Bible called "Trusting when Tested." There were many references to different scriptures that all had much encouragement for me. However, I found the following to be VERY helpful today.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. James 1:2-8
When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15
Needless to say, as a result of reading these verses this morning, I will not be going to the school down the street. I feel God is doing something within me. He is not trying to tear me down but make me better. Travis told me this week that when Gold is refined it gets uglier before it really shines. He thinks that is what is going on in me. I can't say I can argue with him. I feel so helpless and hopeless at some points throughout the days. But, it seems like God sends a nugget just when you need it. A friend and I talked earlier in the week about Job and how God allowed the enemy to do whatever he wanted to him to try to test his faith and after the enemy had taken everything, Job still persevered. I can only hope that God is trying to do something similar with me. And, I am sure in the end, I will come out better for having gone through this trial!
1 comment:
Wow, that is awesome. James is my absolute favorite book in the Bible. From reading your blogs, I would dare to say that you are right around the corner from feeling the success that God has set you up for. Can't wait to read more, and find out how this story turns out he he he. Your awesome girl, thanks for inspiring and reminding me to grab my Bible and read this morning :O)
Post a Comment