Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall...

I feel it all around me! I am debating on digging our fall decorations out of the garage and putting them up...I know Fall doesn't start 'till the 21st! I will with hold!

Home school is going a bit better this week. We painted some cute sculptures from Wal-Mart today, the kids REALLY liked that! And this week, I even caught myself talking about home school in future terms...I'm still not so sure it's for me. The kids are enjoying being home with me. Ethan said the only reason he wants to go to public school is because they have flashy lights in one of the classrooms...So, no matter how horrible I think I am doing, I am getting better! That is encouraging. I haven't cried in 2 or 3 days, and I am really starting to think that this is my new sacrifice to my family. No matter how hard I find it to be, I feel it is something God wants for us...for one reason or another. So, no matter how hard it is, until Travis and I get the word from God, I think we're in this for a long haul...YIKES! That scares me!

We're still full swing in football. Kalib is really enjoying it. And it gives us time as a family to sit and spend the afternoon together!

I think that's it...Be Blessed!

2 comments:

The Zinn family said...

Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. Here in alaska it doesn't last long though. I think you have such a great attitude about homeschooling. I can't wait to talk to you a few years from now when you are a pro. Keep being God strong.

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Hi Mary Beth. Hang in there -- I'm praying for you. My sister-in-law has homeschooled all six of her kids. Several have now finished college with flying colors. The younger ones now do it from 6:30 to 9:30 in the mornings. I think part of the beauty is you can make the schedule as you like it. If you want to talk to other people who homeschool, check out my other blog, adozenquilters.blogspot.com
I know Gayly homeschools and there's a link to her on the site. Possibly Becky and Jenny do too. Just read their profiles. Hope this helps. Love you; you're in my prayers. Melissa