Saturday, June 5, 2010

A sad realization...

I had a sad realization last night. I was on our babysitter's facebook page seeing if she was available to watch the kids so Travis and I could have a date night. My eyes fell upon her birthday- she was born when I was in High School. Talk about feeling old! I laughed so hard I cried- or maybe they were tears of sadness because I had one of those pivotal "ah-ha" moments...I AM GETTING OLD!!! My 10 yr class reunion is this year, I am just 2 years and 2 days shy of 30. hmph! When did I grow up? And why didn't I get a vote? ;)

2 comments:

The Zinn family said...

Oh my goodness, seriously!!!! I have been having more and more of those kind of moments lately. I mean, I feel like the same person inside as I did when I was 17, but I am realizing more everyday, that I am not. I do notice I am more tired than I was then, not sure where that came from :O)

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

I was at my class reunion the other day (it sure wasn't 10 years either) and this lady stops me at the door and says, boy I feel old. I looked at her and was like, oh yeah, I used to babysit your kids. And she said, NO I used to babysit you! Then she said her girls are both married so we both felt old. Hmmph.