So, I was approached/questioned 3 different times today...Was I being tested, tempted? I don't know...
The first thing is trying to really understand why I'm not so happy with our Nation's Leader winning the Nobel Peace Prize...I think it's mostly because he hasn't done anything to deserve it. I think he seems to be so worried with what every other country thinks of America, that he hasn't really taken the time to care for his own country in the ways he should be. It'd be like me being a personal trainer who didn't work out or eat right...How am I going to tell others what to do? Does he have a "vision"? Sure! Have I seen any changes for the good? Not just yet. Does it take time for things to change? Absolutely! Just a thought...
The 2nd thing was a woman came up to me in Wal-Mart and asked if I was going to vaccinate my children against the H1N1...NO! Travis and I have found some reasons in all our research and I don't see the benefits of it...I have never gotten a Flu Vaccine and have maybe had the Flu twice in my entire life. Travis gets it every year because the AF makes him, and every year he gets the flu! Ashlynn got the flu vaccine last year and got the flu...I'm not going to vaccinate my children! Thanks for asking anyway!
And, the 3rd thing was some Mormons coming to my door spreading their good word. This got me to thinking why don't Baptists or Pentecostals or Catholics go around door to door like Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses? Maybe they do and they just haven't come to mine?
All these things got me to thinking that we have to be well prepared to stand for what we believe in. We need to be able to spout off why we aren't vaccinating our children, why we aren't happy our President won a prize, or why we believe in the religion that we do. We need to be really grounded in who we are and REALLY know why and REALLY be willing and able and ready to share that with others.
1 comment:
Wow, gotta say I am on the same page with ya. I saw that Obama won the prize and I too was filled with wonder. I too will NOT be vaccinating my child against the H1N1, but I don't vaccinate them at all, so that wasn't a hard choice. As far as the mormons, I am not sure why we don't do it. I grew up in Utah and I saw missionaries my whole life going door to door. I think Christians may not do it as much because they want the called to hear the message. If they sit and offer the word, those whos hearts are open will seek the Lord. Where as maybe going door to door, you are pushing something on someone whos heart isn't in that place yet. I don't know, just a guess. I agree, we need to be totally standing for our faith in Jesus Christ because he is the ONLY way and if we don't stand for it, all the false paths will win out. Love it girl!
Post a Comment