I know the best part of reading blogs is seeing new pictures. I don't have any great ones from our move yet. But, I thought maybe we were due for another little update. I think last time I told tales of our trip over the ocean and lice... Well, I for one am happy to report that if it was lice, it didn't hang around. The one little egg in Ethan's hair was it!
Let's see...Ashlynn, she is adjusting well to our move. She keeps asking to "go home," I don't really think she understands where all her toys are and why we keep our clothes in suitcases, although she loves toting around her suitcase just because she can! With all the traveling and instability she hasn't been napping much and that makes for some fun afternoons and evenings! But, she is still doing pretty well with her potty-ing, not many accidents since we left Germany. Our hope is we are on our last pack of "night time" pull-ups. Once we get into our house and get settled we are going to push for her to get night time trained.
Ethan, he is doing really well. We have had some days of attitude, but I think it's getting better. He gets angry and yells or pouts. All in all, with him leaving his loving friends and wonderful teachers, I think it was to be expected. He asked me on one rainy day we had, "Mom, is this Texas? I thought it was supposed to be hot?!" I agreed, but we have had 2 or 3 HOT days to make up for that one! He REALLY liked going to see Monsters Vs Aliens in the REAL theater. He thought that was so much fun! However, he has told me he doesn't know what his favorite part about living here is yet!
Kalib, he is adjusting the best out of the kids. He still asks about his friends and classmates in Germany. He'll say, "I wonder what my class is doing in Germany today?" It really breaks my heart to have had to move them from a wonderful school with great friends and teachers! Kalib is gearing up for his 7th birthday at the end of the month! It hardly seems possible that our first born is so old! He is quite the little man and pretty helpful when he wants to be. I think for his birthday he has his sights once again set on a Nintendo DS, but I think we may have to still wait until he is taking better care of the Gameboy he already has. We are thinking maybe a bike would be better since his got stolen in Germany.
Travis is at his first day of work today. He had taken some time off for house hunting. We found a house we wanted to buy it is a cute 1 story brick home, it is 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage with an awesome back yard. We have been busy going through all the process and paperwork to get things squared away so we can move in. We are officially under contract!! We should close by the end of the month and will hopefully move in June 1st! This is very exciting for us as it is our first home and the process has definitely been easier than what we thought it should be. God has paved the way each step we've taken. The Realtors, bankers and insurance agents we've met along the way are not just chance meetings, but divine appointments God has given us to make this process almost stress free!
There is a great kids play place in the gym here on base. My kids have enjoyed going to the gym more than I have actually. We are going to try to get in a grove of life today. Here after a bit I will get the kids up, get us ready to go and we will have a full morning at the gym and then off to story time at the library.
We have been so blessed to know a few families near by. One of my cousins lives about 45 minutes from here so we were able to meet up with them for lunch on Mother's Day. A family we knew in Germany was passing through town yesterday and we met up with them for lunch at another friend's home. It was nice to get to see some friends from Germany on this side of the ocean. There have also been several other people we knew or friends of ours knew in Germany around to help us out if we need it. And, another bonus of being here, our neighbors from Germany will be moving here by the end of the summer. Even if we don't make new friends we have lots of our old ones near by. However, I don't think it will be hard to make new friends as people seem to be quite friendly. We are loving Texas more every day! I guess that's about it...Sorry I've been long winded! Talk to you soon, Blessings to you all!
3 comments:
I'm so happy and excited for you that you found the house for you. One story sounds DREAMY to me right now. I'm so glad the home buying process has been good to you so far.
Your daily schedule sounds great and fairly close to what I do now. I hope our transition goes just as smoothly as yours has so far.
Thanks for the update, I was really hoping for one soon.
Miss you.
Wow, it all sounds like it is falling into place. I am so happy that it is going good. I can't wait to see pictures!!!! God bless!
WELCOME STATE SIDE!!!! It is so nice to know that you so much closer. I told Becky you were fellow Texans now! She said that you were about 3 hours away from Hico. Ya'll will have to get together sometime. I think Larry comes up to Witchita Falls to rope sometimes. Sounds like the weather has been unpredictable lately. Glad to hear you have found a house...expecially brick.....(if you know what I mean). Take care and we love and miss you. Aunt Linda
Post a Comment