I was thinking it is time for a move update. First of all, we want to thank you so much for your prayers. We are recovering from jet lag...getting closer to a regular schedule anyhow. Our travels did go well. God was looking out for us every step of the way. Our flight from Germany was delayed 24hrs for one reason or another, basically just running behind schedule. We were pretty frustrated as that made us have to change our already booked flights, hotels and rental car. But, as it turns out God had a plan for us. Had the Military flight been on time, our connecting flight from Baltimore to Dallas hit rough weather and got diverted to Austin and had to be delayed over night as well. All because the military flight was behind the rest of our trip was smooth for us! YAY God! We have established cell phones and have one day of house hunting behind us with 2 great possibilities. We are starting to feel a tad settled, it's just the huge list of PCS things we have to do, re-register the van, update insurance, update mailing addresses, etc. Life is shaping up pretty well for now.
We did have one scare...I wanted to share...Travis wasn't so upset as I was he never saw it though...After our first night here in Wichita Falls, I was giving Ethan a bath yesterday and think I found a lice egg in his hair...YUCK!!! I freaked out...I cut it out of his hair and had housekeeping come change ALL of our bedding, pillows, etc...I have been washing all of our things in HOT water and checking the kids hair frequently throughout the day. I pray it wasn't really one and if it was changing everything fixed the problem...WELCOME TO TEXAS!?!
Well, that's about it for now. God is good and has been with us each step of the way.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! The lice thing sounds freeky! I would have done the same thing. I am glad that it is all going smoothly. Can't wait to see pictures!!
Welcome to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't believe the fergie family is no longer in Germs, glad to hear that everything went well and that you are settling in nicely! We miss you already!
We miss you guys! It seems as though I should be running into you somewhere on the base but haven't. Enjoy the warm weather!
Glad to hear you are getting settled. Lice Ewww but I heard they are having an outbreak of it in Speicher housing so you get that wherever you live.
Can't wait to hear about THE house you choose.
Dylan keeps asking to go over and play with Ethan and Kalib again. He just doesn't understand. He wanted to go to Texas with you. I keep telling him that it will be our turn soon to move to Alaska.
Post a Comment