Sunday, April 26, 2009
Cleaning Time!
We have spent much of the last week cleaning our house and today is the REALLY BIG cleaning day before our final out of our house here in Germany.(So what if I'm taking a break) And let me tell you, I am sick of scrubbing and sick of the smell of bleach and oven cleaner....Oh well, this time tomorrow we'll be out of the house and sitting in TLF(for those who don't know, Temporary Living Facility). I can only pray our transition back to America is better than our first few days in Germany. If you want to take a walk down memory lane, let's remember...board plane to Germany...sit on plane for 2 hours before take off for a 10 hour flight...could have been worse...get picked up from the airport in a dodge neon...we were oh so comfy with our 2 carseats and 10 bags shoved all around us, but I suppose it could have been worse...arrive at TLF...3rd floor...could have been worse, no phone in our unit....could have been worse...no phone in our BUILDING...could have been worse...no play pen for Ethan to sleep in...could have been worse....find play pen...things are looking up...drink nasty tap water...could have been worse, we didn't get sick after all...call sponsor for ride to the store...he tells us to walk...grrrr...could have been worse...find out one of the movers stole and maxed out a Credit Card...could have been much worse, I guess God was looking out for us, but the list goes on with the things that went wrong or poorly for us. By our 3rd day here I was crying telling Travis I didn't want to move here any more...let's just go back home...It was a rough start! As I take my break from cleaning I am now thinking about all the growth we have done here. For starters, one more child, our family is complete. But, I am really talking about our hearts our spiritual growth. God has been good in changing us and strengthening us. I can't even begin to tell you all we've experienced here that has brought us from who we were then to who we are today. We are so thankful for those of you who have helped us along the way and contributed to our life. It has been an incredible 4 years and we are so blessed to have shared it with those of you over here and those of you over the phone/computer. We can only pray our next 4 years are just as amazing. Thank you God for our time here in Germany!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Man, I can totally relate spiritually. Germany was such an amazing spiritual journey for both me and Anthony. The people and the growth we did was like nothing else. Its like in the Bible when God takes each person out to the desert, thats when they grow the most. Germany was like that for us. We were taken into the middle of what we thought was nowhere. Completely out of our element and it was then that we could really see God.
I am so excited for you guys. Cleaning is definitly NOT fun, but pretty soon you will be at your new home!!!!!!! I pray that it goes a lot smoother than the trip to Germany. I can't believe all that happened to you guys WHEW!!
Gode bless girl. I hope all your cleaning goes fast and that your sitting and relaxing in TLF in no time! I have to say, that once we got in TLF we were so excited!! It was like an adventrue had started.
I second Crystal's comment. Germany was the single most difficult time in my life and my marriage, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. God grew me up so much over there, and although at times it was SO hard, I am so happy that I could go through it and come out SO much stronger on the other side. You guys will remember your time there fondly for years to come I am sure, just like we do. I am always surprised at how much I miss it because I couldn't wait to leave. The time of jet lag and traveling are almost over my friend. So glad you guys are going to be close, I can't wait to visit!
Hi Ferguson Family,
Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)
Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?
May the Lord bless you and your family!!
Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org
ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
Post a Comment