What Can I say? We are doing well. I have really turned a corner with homeschooling. I feel more confidant we are doing the right thing for our family. I have really had to fight my OCD tendencies and RELAX! I'm getting better, but I still have my days! :) The kids still absolutely love it! We are looking into curriculum for next year already.
Travis and I have gotten out of the fantastic shape we were in when we left Germany. We weren't perfect, but were very well on our way to being to our goals. What can I say all the American convenience foods and grease filled fast food got the better of us. Along with not eating so great, we quit working out on a regular schedule...me more than him. :( Anyhow, our friend invited us to play a "diet" game with her and some other people. We began the game on Monday and so far so good. I have actually lost almost 6 pounds and Travis 10! Now, I know most of that is probably water weight. But, it still feels good to know we are getting back in the swing of things, and who knows, if we keep it up, maybe we'll win the prize at the end! :)
The kids are fantastic! This week Kalib lost tooth number 3, and number 4 is REALLY wiggly, you can look forward to a toothless smile in the next week or so! Ethan is excelling in math. He just gets it. It is so great to see his growing mind! I never cease to be amazed at what these kids are capable of! Ashlynn is recovering from being sick right now. She had a cough for about 10 days and then woke up with ear pain one morning and the cough was worse. We decided to make an appointment with the Dr. When they saw us they did a chest x-ray and looked at her ears. The conclusion was an ear infection and mild pneumonia! Poor baby. The meds are helping and 3 days later you can be assured she is fighting with her brothers!
I will close with a few pictures. These pictures aren't actually from this year! Over our Christmas break, we took a field trip to see the jets at Travis' work. And the snow ones are from our snowman building adventure from our White Christmas Week.



1 comment:
So cute. I am so excited to hear that schooling is going good. I love when you finally feel good and want to do it.
I am so jealous of your diet game. I am not going to diet obviously with being pregnant, but I am determined to make this pregnancy my best yet. Keep up the good work girl!!! Your such a great person, I love your blogs.
Post a Comment