Thursday, March 5, 2009

Moving Life...

We just wanted to give you and update on our moving status.
The movers were here Monday and Tuesday and got everything packed nicely. They tried to say my Polish Pottery didn’t count as a high value item, tried to take some stuff away un-crated, and packed some Mayo and Mustard packets that weren’t intended to go, but these are all small matters. Everything went really smoothly. Even when FMO (our loaner furniture) got delivered before the packers got here on day one, we managed to find room for it all, and none of it got packed. We feel so blessed to have a smooth move so far!
Yesterday I spent 2 ½ hours cleaning the van...let’s rephrase that and say detailing the van, for shipping. Since they are so strict on shipping regulations regarding the cleanliness of the car, I was afraid to go to the appointment with Travis for fear they would pick it apart and be negative after all the work I’d put into it. But, he asked me to stay and I did. I am so glad I did, the lady that inspected it had nothing but nice things to say about how clean and well taken care of our van is. (She didn’t see it when there were french fries and Cheetos under the seats though! lol) And, after all our hard work, Travis and I have decided there will be no more eating in the van...few exceptions for road trips and such.
All in all everything has gone wonderfully. Travis is supposed to go today to fix a few things on our Port Call dates and flight itinerary, and then either today or tomorrow he’ll go to housing and give our intent to vacate our apartment here. We’ll then be able to make our TLF (hotel) reservations in both Germany and Texas.
We still can’t believe how quickly this is all happening. In just a few short months we will bid farewell to our wonderful friends here ( this is something I’m still not thinking about :( or looking forward to!) And then we’ll be facing the adventures that wait for us in Texas!

2 comments:

The Zinn family said...

Sounds like your move went well. When we were going to Germany, they tried to take our crates away un-sealed! It is good you watched them like a hawk, they are SHADY.
Just reading your blog gets me all excited. I hate moving, but I have to say after 7 years as a military wife, and 3 moves, it excites me. All to plans, the visiting family, hotels and such. There is something fun about the chaos and unkown. Maybe that is just me.
Glad to hear it is going well.

The O'Neal's said...

This is making me so nervous for our pcs and we don't leave for 8 months. I'm already having bad dreams about it.
You had me laughing about the van, all I could think about was the paint.
I'm glad that everything is going so well for you.